These are our biggest achievements in the year 2013 and we would love to share them with you!
- 280 pets rescued, sterilized and vaccinated
- We gave 12 “Animal Cruelty and Care” talks or “charlas” to school age children and teachers of all ages from different schools
- The construction of 5 new stalls was donated by the wonderful Bruno and Martina Vidoni, long time friends and rescuers, for a total of 8 stalls used to keep our new residents in quarantine. Isn’t that wonderful?
- Thanks to the donations of Project Animal Worldwide, Pet SOS and a generous rescuer, ADLA was able to collaborate with Dr. Jose Cruz and his mobil sterilization unit, to hold a 2 day FREE sterilization clinic for the pets of low income residents of Pinones. The residents were educated in proper animal care, and 50 pets were sterilized and vaccinated. We intend to hold many more for our residents.
- Thanks to a few generous donations, we were able to purchase a brand new extra large commercial washer and dryer for our shelter wash
- Advertising agency Paradigm is now donating all their recycled newspaper to ADLA. We add extra thick newspaper to the dog’s crates so they have a clean and comfortable place to sleep
- After a long search, we were able to contract dedicated shelter assistant, Bethzaida Ayala who helps us feed and clean the animals and areas from Monday through Friday.
- We also have some new and wonderful volunteers for Saturday morning cleanups
- Our own treasurer, rescuer and donor Chrissy Wallace was married to Rob LePLant in December and instead of wedding gifts, they asked for donations to ADLA – that is amazing. Thanks Chrissy!
- We held our 6th Animal Control Officer / Cruelty Investigation certification course in collaboration with Career Development Institute, the Puerto Rico Health Department and the Interamerican University of San Juan. Click here to read more.
Please consider to become a volunteer, adopt one of our great pooches or foster for a while. Your help and training will be so appreciated and will help each pup get adopted quicker as a more desirable family member!